Sunday 24 March 2013

How I've Changed & Be Yourself :)

Hey :)
A while ago people told me that I have changed quite a lot since last year, I didn't really think I had changed but now I realise that I acctually have changed a lot. Last year all I wanted to do was be like everyone else and listen to the same music as everyone else and dress like everyone else. When I was younger, I suppose I was the same. I listened to a lot of Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder when I was younger and then when I was around nine or ten, my cousin who was 14 at the time, listened to Paramore, Mcfly and Green Day and I saw her every weekend so that's what we would listen to. At the moment everyone wears the same things. I see photo's on Facebook of people wearing the EXACT same outfit somewhere but at different times. 

 I think the point where I began to change was when I got my first pair of  Doc Martens or when I went to the Gaeltacht (Irish College). In the gaeltacht, since I saw loads of the same people for 3 weeks, I noticed that everyone seemed the same, girls would borrow clothes for one of the disco's and the next disco you would see her bestfriend wearing the same outfit! I own a lot of clothes that most of my friends probably don't like but I think that it dosen't really matter if they do or not. I think I've started dressing in things that I like rather than what other people like wearing. One thing that I think is important is to wear what you feel comfortable in. Don't try and dress in outrageous things to try and prove that you're trying to be different if you're not comfortable wearing them. 
Here are some 'Be yourself' quotes that I like :)


Thank you, 
Chloe x

















No comments:

Post a Comment